Thursday, April 24, 2008

Freeway driving

Driving is not just passing the DMV tests and having a valid driver's license. Little of us know that driving especially on the freeway is more of common sense and logical thinking aside from knowing the basic traffic rules and regulations . I'm a late bloomer when it comes to driving. I officially started at 46 years old. I guess in some ways it's a blessing or I'll be one of those drivers who think their invisible and has super power ability who can out drive everyone.




I take the freeway (210) on my way to and from work. And everyday, I see alot of things and ponder how can this person passed the DMV test....when he does not even know when to yield. There are drivers who does not even bother to turn their signal lights when changing lanes. Others think that it is alright to cut someone off just so he can get ahead of everyone. Also, more often you see drivers on their cellphone.....oh btw, they don't have the handsfree set, too! And these are the ones who are either driving beyond the speed limit or weaving on their lane. These drivers does not realize that they pose danger to themselves as well as to the other motorists on the road. I guess nowadays alot of us just doesn't care anymore. Call it sad or pathetic.



Last March 26, I was rear ended while I was stationary on the 210 East due to heavy traffic. The poor kid (age 20) was driving like a maniac and was on his cellphone didn't reacted early enough and hit me. He didn't realized that the traffic way ahead of him had come to a complete stop. I was thankful though that we both didn't get hurt. But, I have to give this young man a credit for being so polite and brave to accept his mistakes. The insurance company which is Mercury Insurance was very cooperative and that makes the whole process easy. I got my car back from Marco's Body Shop in Pasadena after 17 days. They do body work for Mercedes Benz Rusnak customers .... and this place really does a great job! My car came out looking like a brand new 1999 C280 model...... but, don't get me wrong.... my car look nice for a 9 year old even before the accident.

Hopefully that incident has taught that young man a lesson in life. I guess many of us does not realize that in every second of a minute a lot of things can happen ...things that can affect or change ones life. It could be good or worse.





No comments: